Interested in possibly licensing one of our fonts? You've come to the right place. Although every file is free for download, you must have an EULA (end user license agreement) to use one commercially. If you or your company is generating revenue while using a Sharkshock™ font this would classify as commercial use. Personal use does not require a license of any kind. Please contact us if you're not sure.
Each EULA is determined by the type of use requested and the company size. Licenses apply to the company that will be using the font (not the designer). Unlike other foundries we do not limit page views on webfonts, calculate users, or offer licenses that expire/have to be renewed. There are no royalty agreements. You pay one price for your EULA and you're done. Discounted bundles are available for multiple license types. If you've previously purchased an EULA and would like to use it for a different purpose, contact us for a discounted upgrade.
Step one: choose your Usage type
ONE TIME DESKTOP USE
The font will be installed and used exactly once. Common examples of this are a company logo, sign, book cover, or corporate poster. Please check the other options before selecting. You may upgrade to Unlimited desktop if you need more usage beyond one time use.
UNLIMITED DESKTOP USE:
This option gives the licensee more flexibility beyond one time use. Common examples include advertisements, lettering for business cards, web graphics, and social media. Please check the other options before selecting this one. Usage is permitted only to the name registered on the license. Creative agencies like graphic designers must repurchase the font(s) for future clients or acquire a server license to add it to their collection.
E BOOK USE:
The font will be used for the publishing of e books. There is no limit on characters or number of e books. May be combined with a different option for publishing at a discounted rate. Usage is unlimited.
Font will be used on a website using a technology such as CSS. Typekit can be provided on request There are no limits on page views as usage is unlimited. Please visit the @font-face website for more information on using and installing webfonts.
Font will be used in games, mobile apps, or computer software. Software in which end users can create graphics using the font is not permitted. Can be combined with other options for discounted rate.
FILM /MEDIA USE:
This option covers all spectrums used by TV networks, media broadcasting, video streaming providers, film industry, or music industry. Common uses include album titles, credits, posters, music videos, commercials, ads, packaging, and DVD/Blu ray interface.
With this option the licensee will have unlimited access to this font and may install it on a company server or add it to their catalog of fonts. There are no limits on computers/users. Graphic Designers or publishers may choose this option for servicing future clients.
MARKETPLACE / ADS
This discounted desktop license is available to individuals with either a seller account (Etsy, Creative Market, eBay, etc.) or ones who earn ad revenue (YouTube, Blogger, Google Adsense, etc.) AND meet the following criteria:
- Fonts may be used for crafts, designs, descriptions, logos, headers, and web graphics.
- A valid user ID is required.
- Usage is strictly limited to non-hosted websites which require a login.
- Items that allow an end user to create things using the font are prohibited.
- Selling the font itself is prohibited.
- Limited to one site only.
Step TWO: choose your Company size
We do not calculate based on the number of users. Please select size of the licensee.
101 - 500 employees
501 + employees
(or global usage)
BUNDLE PRICING FOR COMBINED FONT LICENSES
There are now bundled discounts for combining multiple font licenses. One time desktop use is not eligible for this promotion and cannot be combined with any others. Simply mention this ad and receive 10% off on 2 licenses. Receive 20% off on 3 or more.
get a 10% discount on 2 licenses and 20% on 3 or more
Bundle multiple licenses and receive a flat discount on the total. Exclusions may apply. Avoid where prohibited.
Step THREE: use the matrix for pricing
EULA Pricing *
Use this matrix for pricing after determining the appropriate tier in step 2. The name to be registered on the EULA will serve as the licensee. If you are a hired graphic designer this would be your client. If what you need doesn't appear, please contact us below for a custom license. Commercial usage without a valid EULA is strictly prohibited**. By using a Sharkshock font you agree to the terms and conditions contained within our EULA.
one time desktop
*prices subject to change
**retroactive EULA for unauthorized usage may be subject to surcharges and fines several times that of standard pricing
Restrictions and conditions apply. Check descriptions in step 1.
EULA terms and conditions
Please note that this text is not an official document or guarantee of license. In accordance with the terms and conditions made available this shall serve as your EULA after install or purchase. Installing or purchasing our font(s) ensures that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions provided within this document and serves as your endorsement.
1. Proof of License. This agreement is your proof of license. Please treat it as valuable property and keep it in a safe place. You may be required at some point in the future to prove that you have a license to the font(s). This license agreement and receipt will serve as your only proof that you have a license.
2. Sharkshock Ownership of Font(s). Sharkshock, its founder Dennis Ludlow, and any agents or assigns of Dennis Ludlow (collectively Sharkshock) owns certain rights to this license agreement. The font software is protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property laws. Title to the font(s), any copy of the font(s), and any intellectual property rights in the font(s) shall at all times remain with Sharkshock. Your rights are defined by this license agreement to which you agree creates a legally binding and valid contract.
3. License Grant. Sharkshock grants to you this non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the font on any computer operated by you for the specified purpose at the top of this agreement. Permission to distribute this font to a secondary business such as a screen printer or publisher for sole purpose of output is legitimate.
4. Modifications. Sharkshock prohibits the modification of its source font(s) or creation of derivative works without prior consent from Sharkshock unless specifically granted in the license agreement. End user projects in which the font(s) have been modified is permitted only if the source font(s) have not been disassembled, altered, or deconstructed unless previously agreed to previously.
a. You may not rent, timeshare, lend, or lease the font(s) to a third party.
b. You may not translate, disassemble, or otherwise alter the source file of the font(s).
c. You may not remove or obscure trademark or copyright notices.
d. You may not redistribute the font(s) as stock, in a template, tool, or as source files.
e. You may not redistribute the font(s) as is or with superficial modifications.
f. You may not allow an end user to extract the font(s) and use them separately from the end product.
g. You may not create an end product using a web font, even if such a license was procured, in which end users are encouraged or facilitated to extract the web font or create text using it.
h. You may not reuse the font(s) for multiple clients without the purchase of a special license permitting such uses.
i. You many not use the font software or the designs embodied therein on goods for sale without the purchase of a special license permitting such uses.
6. Term. This EULA is effective until terminated. If Licensee fails to comply with any term of this EULA Sharkshock may terminate the EULA with 30 days notice. This EULA will terminate automatically 30 days after the issuance of such notice.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. Sharkshock makes no warranties of any kind and no warranty is given that the font software is error-free or that their use will work in connection with any other software. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral, or written statements (including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose or of error free and uninterrupted use or any warranty against infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed, except as otherwise expressly stated in this license agreement. Sharkshock makes no warranty that the use of the font(s) will not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties. You are solely liable for any such infringement.
8. No Liability for Damages. In no event shall Sharkshock be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the font(s), even if Sharkshock has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you, if North Carolina law is held not to apply to this license agreement.
9. Time Limitation on Claims. Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, no claim, regardless of form, arising out of or in connection with this license agreement may be brought by you unless such claim is brought either (i) within one year after the cause of action has accrued or (ii) within the shortest period of time after the cause of action has accrued that may be legally contracted for in the applicable jurisdiction if a one year limitation would be legally unenforceable.
10. General. You bear the entire risk as to damage and the quality and performance of the font(s). You assume risk as to any hardware, software, data or any other item as a result of the copying or use of the font(s). You assume responsibility for the selection of the font(s) to achieve your intended results, and for the installation, use and results obtained from the font(s).
11. Choice of Law. This license agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice-of-law rules that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. This agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
12. Severability/Reformation. If any provision of this license agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of any other provision of this agreement and those provisions shall remain valid and enforceable according to their terms. To the extent that an unenforceable provision may be reformed to be enforceable by a Court, such provision shall be deemed to be so reformed in this license agreement.
13. Other Rights Reserved. All rights not specifically granted in this license agreement are reserved by Sharkshock.
14. Entire Agreement. You acknowledge that you have read license agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. You further agree that it is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us relating to the subject matter of this license agreement.
15. Illegal Use. Sharkshock will aggressively protect its intellectual property and take action against instances of unlawful use. All font software must be properly licensed for commercial use. By downloading or using our fonts you agree that all applicable copyright licensing fees have been negotiated and paid for prior to any commercial use. Any improper use of our software and in violation of these terms and the terms of our EULA (End User License Agreement) will be treated as willful copyright infringement and may result in federal court litigation. If you have any questions as to your licensing status, it is your obligation to contact us before making any commercial uses thereof. All rights are hereby reserved.
Ready to purchase? Need a custom license? Got Questions? Use the form below to contact us!
Copyright © Sharkshock LLC 2019. All rights reserved.